Saturday 13 April 2013

Pastor's Seminar



Stephen:  Hi!  Just came back from three days teaching pastors in three different rural localities.  Nice and rural!  On Wednesday, in one of these places, the cults are very active, and so I was specially asked to teach on how to “combat” these with the Word of God.  My topics for that day were The Trinity, The Deity of Christ, Justification By Faith Alone, The Sabbath, The Intermediate State, The Resurrection of the Body, and The Eternal Punishment of the Wicked.  Can you guess which cults were in view?  The brethren seemed very appreciative and I am happy.  I hope the Lord is pleased.   

On the other two days, I taught from Ephesians 4.11-16 on Leadership, including on pursuing True Christly Fellowship by means of obeying all the “One-Another” commandments in the Bible, and also on the Doctrine of Salvation.  I love my job of describing the Lord Jesus and His Gospel to people.  It was really, really hot, with temperatures crossing 40°C (104 F) daily—even as it does here in the city every day for the past couple of weeks, too!  But our Lord is merciful, and I’ve managed to ride the railways home no problem.  On my next such trip to the rural areas I would probably drive.  It’s nice to be home again, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment